Our work culture makes your job feel less like a job.
When you think about it, our business is play. So our corporate culture places fun and excitement at the center of it, because that’s what people come here for. Our Code of Commitment and six core values guide how we work together as a team to create an environment guests and employees can enjoy.
- Celebrate Success
- Caring Culture
- Service with Passion
We celebrate diversity.
We maintain workplace policies based on respect, inclusion, care, and consideration for each other. We hire for diversity, provide a positive and open work environment, compensate fairly, and reward positive contributions and service. We strive to provide a welcome place for everyone, including those of us with disabilities.
What’s the work environment like?
- It’s fun, fast-paced, and exciting.
- You get to interact with new and unique people each day.
- Flexible scheduling is available (open 24/7/365, so you can find a schedule that works for you).
- We have a diversified workforce.
- Our growth and development opportunities are highly rewarding.
Get a job that makes a BIG impact.
We’ve created and participate in special initiatives that help the planet and our extended communities, such as: HERO (Harrah’s Employees Reaching Out).
This exciting initiative connects our employees to nonprofits in their communities. In 2018, HERO provided over 115,000 hours of volunteer service to neighborhoods and communities, reinforcing a long-standing culture of volunteerism. Harrah’s Cherokee Casinos also offer an employee giving program, providing employees the opportunity to support charities via payroll deductions.
The following are just a handful of our HERO community outreach partners:
- American Cancer Society
- Cherokee Harvest Half Marathon
- Haywood Habitat for Humanity
- Susan G. Coleman (and other breast cancer awareness programs)
- MANNA Food Bank
- The American Red Cross
- Toys for Tots
CodeGreen. Our corporate commitment to sustainability.
Harrah’s Entertainment has incorporated environmental sustainability into all of its properties and activities, integrating a fundamental commitment to the environment into its everyday business operations. We’ve done so much in this area that we’ve received the following acknowledgments:
- Harrah’s won the EPA Environmental Quality award, and seven Travelife Gold Awards for Sustainability in Tourism.
- The EPA also recognized Harrah’s with a WasteWise New Partner Gold Achievement Award.
- The Uptime Institute selected Harrah’s Entertainment as one of its 2009 Global Green 100 companies.
- Harrah’s also received awards from PRNews and Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International for sustainability accomplishments.