We offer career development. Not just another job.
At Harrah’s Cherokee Resorts, you’ll discover people who’ve been with us five, ten, fifteen…even twenty years. Why? Not only do we offer a fun place to work, but we provide you with the training necessary to take any starting job and develop it into a full-fledged career.
Put yourself on a career path.
With our strong promote-from-within culture, educational assistance programs, and leadership development courses, you’ll have every opportunity to turn your job into something more.
- Work in a variety of departments and roles to find the best fit for you.
- These aren’t just “casino jobs.” These are jobs in nearly every field of work that might interest you.
Career development and training opportunities.
These are just some of the advantages you get when you work for us:
- Resume and interview prep classes.
- Leadership and professional development classes. These include: computer skills and training in Excel and Word, conversational Spanish, Emotional Intelligence, public speaking, guest speakers, and more.
- Lifestyle classes, including culinary training, painting, jewelry making, yoga, healthy eating, Inspire Health Pre-Diabetes Prevention Program, Cherokee culture, and Cherokee crafts.
- Accelerated Career Enhancement Program (Levels 1 and 2). This development program for our front-line employees lets you dip your toe into the exciting world of casino work, along with the chance to attend training classes and learn supervisory functions.
- Our very own Savvy Committee, designed to assist and train women in a variety of leadership roles. Our goal is to have women in 50 percent of our leadership positions by 2025.
- Tuition Reimbursement Program. After being with us for one year, you’re eligible for this program that covers tuition, books, and fees. Full-time employees are reimbursed $3,000 per year and part-time employees $1,500 per year.
- Certification Reimbursement Program. Full-time employees are eligible to be reimbursed for a certification program that’s related to their current job.
Our Cherokee Development Program.
The Cherokee Development Program assists enrolled members of the Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians with support in seeking promotions to supervisory or management positions. Lasting 12-18 months, it gives participants an in-depth view of the casino with a focus on a business demand area. Participants also spend time in the classroom learning management and supervisory skills.